OMEGA Watches Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OMEGA Watches Forum

A place on the internet for Omega watch enthusiasts to meet and chat about all things Omega.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can you help identify a c.1943 Omega wristwatch?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
robertbagnall

Can you help identify a c.1943 Omega wristwatch? Empty
PostSubject: Can you help identify a c.1943 Omega wristwatch?   Can you help identify a c.1943 Omega wristwatch? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Can you help identify an Omega wristwatch which I have aquired from my father, a former (WW2)RAF navigator?

The seial numbers are 9341913 (on movement) and 9969477 (inside the case) which I know puts it circa 1943. The watch is very plain - roman numerals (plus the minutes as marks/arabic numerals every five minutes on a delineated narrow band at the very outside) on a white/pale face with thin, straight, black hands (very different from the RAF issue watches I've seen on the internet. No date or seperate second dial. The only words are 'OMEGA', plus the symbol at the top, and 'SWISS' and 'MADE' either side of the 'VI'. No RAF serial number etched into the back of the case which I've also seen on RAF issued items.

Happy to accept thoughts either as a reply to this post or to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or to email photos on request (but not before the end of April). Many thanks in anticipation,

Robert
Back to top Go down

Can you help identify a c.1943 Omega wristwatch?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OMEGA Watches Forum :: MODERN OMEGA WATCHES POST 1990 :: Modern Omega Watches Post 1990-
Jump to: