OMEGA Watches Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OMEGA Watches Forum

A place on the internet for Omega watch enthusiasts to meet and chat about all things Omega.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scammers & Common Sense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brian
Admin
Brian

Scammers & Common Sense Empty
PostSubject: Scammers & Common Sense   Scammers & Common Sense EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm

OWF does not involve itself in transactions between members, expecting both parties to behave in an honourable and timely manner.

Due to the size of the forums there is always the potential for scam/con artists to slide in, take advantage of our fine members and then disappear, leaving only a trail of misery and woe for us to sympathise with.

There are plenty of fantastic buyers, sellers and fine watches on our boards but there are also a tiny minority of scumbags lurking amongst us.

Questions to ask yourself before ANY transaction are :

1. CAN I TRUST THE SELLER/BUYER 100% ?

There is nothing special about a "OWF" member. It takes a LONG time to get trusted, not just 20 days and 30 posts, even a pledgeship can be a modest investment to appear as being in good standing. Just because someone calls you buddy, doesn't mean he doesn't want to steal your watch/cash.

2. ARE THOSE REFERENCES REAL ?

Four alias references from the same person "selling" the watch may initially appear credible but not so when you've lost your cash/watch.

3. WHY AM I PAYING BY THIS METHOD?

This thread is not going to recommend a specific payment method or act as an Escrow agent.

The question for YOU is "If it goes wrong do I have any protection from the provider of the payment method used?". It's best to ask this question before you are in a desperate situation rather than after you find out you have NO comeback or protection and is the exact reason why the other party wanted to use this method.

4. CAN I AFFORD TO LOSE ALL MY CASH OR WATCH?

If you can, then fine. Most people are honourable. You will get what you were looking for and you will receive a reasonable solution if there are any minor quibbles with your purchase.

The odd few are pond lifes who will use your lack of due diligence and general trust in human nature to fund their scumbag lifestyle. There is a potential price to be paid for this commendable attitude, however.

IF YOU ARE NOT 100% HAPPY, WALK AWAY - BUYER OR SELLER.
Back to top Go down
https://omegawatchesforum.forumotion.co.uk

Scammers & Common Sense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OMEGA Watches Forum :: FOR SALE - WATCHES ETC :: For Sale-
Jump to: