OMEGA Watches Forum

A place on the internet for Omega watch enthusiasts to meet and chat about all things Omega.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How important is the JamesBond connection for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superdoc

PostSubject: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:41 pm

If I can believe the rumors, the contract with Omega and the Bond franchise is expired, and there is a chance that Bond may not be
wearing an Omega in the next movie..

Any thoughts from the enthusiasts?

Personally I love the Bond connection, but I think that I like what Omega does for Bond more than what Bond does for the Omegas..

I would be disappointed if Bond wasn't wearing an Omega, but I don't think that any product placement will work unless it's a really nice watch.

The JLC in Batman and IronMan did nothing for me...

I suppose no matter what, we'll always have Bond...Rolex enthusiasts are still claiming that the submariner is the Bond watch.

Back to top Go down
spuds

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Gotta admit I think it adds a certain "coolness" but it's more relevant to my sons than me.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:22 pm

I answered Seiko on another watch forum when the question came up about what watch Bond would wear in the new film. Looks like I might been right Shocked

To be honest, if the films were going to be true to Ian Flemings books, Bond should be wearing a Rolex.

Brian

Omega Seamaster Professional 2531.80.00. modified with a 2254.50.00 bezel, 2230.50.00 dial, hour & minute hands and seconds hand and an ETA 2802 2557.1 Date Ring 3 o'clock White Figures on Black Background (My Grail!)
Omega Speedmaster Reduced 3810.50.06 (purchased as a 3510.50.00) serviced and given to my fiancée’s father
Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 Automatic (166.0128) 1971
Back to top Go down
http://omegawatchesforum.forumotion.co.uk
Superdoc

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm

I think that Bond has evolved so much that Ian Fleming's original vision shouldn't take away from what pop culture has established..

For all of the Roger Moore Haters out there, you have to admit that his Bond is what escalated Bond to iconic status -
Most people think suave, cool, effortless, pretty, drinking, womanizing super agent - that was Moore's Bond

Pierce Brosnan will always be my favorite Bond, I find his films very entertaining although they really started to become comic booky..

Plus he wears the heck out of the SMP - it really did get a crazy amount of screen time!
Back to top Go down
Threemonkeys

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 am

Somehow I can't picture Bond with a Seiko. Maybe a Casio or Timex (kidding). Bond isn't a deal breaker in maintaining my affection towards Omega. In fact, I would never entertain buying - what is it - the watch emblazened with the '007.' I don't think Bond makes Omega. I think they are very complementary and one only enhances the appeal of the other.
Back to top Go down
RXPete

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 am

I heard that there won't be a new bond movie anytime soon. Crying or Very sad

I never really got into bond until I found out that he wore the PO in the last 2 movies. That's after I bought my PO.

I watched them just to see the watch and got really into them. I googled to see if a new one was coming and I read that it's not happening anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 am

RXPete wrote:
I googled to see if a new one was coming and I read that it's not happening anytime soon.

Hi Peter,

Google must have been playing up, there is a new James Bond movie being made for release on the 9th November 2012. It will be number 23, have a look for more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] info.

Brian

Omega Seamaster Professional 2531.80.00. modified with a 2254.50.00 bezel, 2230.50.00 dial, hour & minute hands and seconds hand and an ETA 2802 2557.1 Date Ring 3 o'clock White Figures on Black Background (My Grail!)
Omega Speedmaster Reduced 3810.50.06 (purchased as a 3510.50.00) serviced and given to my fiancée’s father
Back to top Go down
RXPete

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Nice... Do you who's in it?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 pm

RXPete wrote:
Nice... Do you who's in it?

James Bond 23 (2012)

Cast
  • Daniel Craig - James Bond
  • Judi Dench - M

Crew
  • Sam Mendes - Director
  • Michael G. Wilson - Producer
  • Barbara Broccoli - Producer
  • Neal Purvis - Writer
  • Robert Wade - Writer
  • John Logan - Writer
  • Peter Morgan - Writer (Left Production)
  • David Arnold - Composer

Production
Release Date: 9th November 2012
Produced By: EON Produtions
Distributor: MGM & Partner TBA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brian

Back to top Go down
Kapture1

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm

I don't currently own any of the Bond Omega watches, not all that important.

The biggest factor for me is the First on the moon.

Then again, I have the 3570.50
Back to top Go down
colpol

PostSubject: Not at all   Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 pm

I find it bordering on the farcecal the fact that Omega had to have so many watch shots or mentions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is the JamesBond connection for you?   

Back to top Go down

How important is the JamesBond connection for you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1