OMEGA Watches Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OMEGA Watches Forum

A place on the internet for Omega watch enthusiasts to meet and chat about all things Omega.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My new Planet Ocean

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cpsomas

My new Planet Ocean Empty
PostSubject: My new Planet Ocean   My new Planet Ocean EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Hey Guys,

First off, thanks again Brian for starting an Omega Forum for us. I think it's great and hope it will take off!

I should probably start off my giving you my Omega back story. My first nice automatic watch was an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono that I proudly wore for a year and a half until I discovered TRF. Unfortunately TRF redirected my new found addiction to Rolex in which I purchased a pre-owned GMT II. I wore that watch for a couple years until I migrated over to the Omega forums and found the Planet Ocean; what a beautiful watch!! Very quickly I sold my GMT II to finance the PO. I then wore the PO for almost 2 years and for some reason, felt the need to sell it to finance a 2009 Submariner. I am not sure why I felt the need to sell the PO; it is an amazing watch and could hardly find anything wrong with it. I ended up wearing the Submariner for about 6 months and missed my old PO each day. Well, thanks to Fr. John's AD I acquired a new 42mm Planet Ocean on Thursday. It's like being reacquainted with an old friend and hope I never feel the need to part with this one. The Submariner went up on the "For Sale" forum last night and thankfully sold in a few hours.

Don't get me wrong, the Submariner is a fantastic watch and someday I may own one again but the Omega just fit my lifestyle better. I love the versatility of strap options with the PO and I personally felt more comfortable wearing the Omega brand rather than Rolex. I may just be too modest to wear Rolex and I didn't like the attention I received when a stranger noticed it.

Of course I had to snap a pic as soon as it was back on my wrist so I am attaching that below. I also purchased the rubber strap and may slap that on today.

Take care guys. I hope to see a few new threads on the site over the weekend! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Brian
Admin
Brian

PostSubject: Re: My new Planet Ocean   My new Planet Ocean EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Welcome to the forum and for giving us your watch background.

I like the Planet Ocean but like Fr John, struggled with which model I prefer, I think if I was to go for one I would hold out for the new model that everyone is predicting.

Wear your PO in good health and enjoy the forum.

Brian
Back to top Go down
https://omegawatchesforum.forumotion.co.uk
spuds

spuds

PostSubject: Re: My new Planet Ocean   My new Planet Ocean EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 pm

An excellent choice Sir & a perfect fit on your wrist!

I've got a PO 'on layaway' at my new AD's to beat the (rumoured) iminent price-increase & I should have it all paid up within a coupla months.

I've hankered after a PO for literally years but (long story short) I've been prioritising replacing my two sons inheritance pices (a cSub' & a GMTIIc) for the last three years so now that I've got them I'm 'picking one for Papa' & the PO's my own weapon of choice for a daily wearer.

I fully understand your comments regarding wearing a Rolex too....
I'm in Construction & waste Management & it's simply not a good time to be seen to be spending UKĀ£5,000 on a watch IMO.

Wear your PO in health & in happiness & congratulations again.....
Back to top Go down
Threemonkeys

Threemonkeys

PostSubject: Re: My new Planet Ocean   My new Planet Ocean EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:20 am

Love the watch!

I'm doing the son inheritance thing, too. I have an Air King and just bought a GMT IIC and love them. And I need to buy another Rolex to keep piece in the family as I have three young boys.

I'm not going to choose either Rolex or Omega. I fell in love with the PO (LOVE the pic CP) and think of it as 'my' watch. The moment I tried it on, it just felt right. Fit me like a glove, the proportions, yada, yada. Well - maybe I am choosing an Omega as I would rather buy a PO right now than a Rolex Sub.

Anyhow, I'm getting off-topic of CP's new baby. I LOVE LOVE that watch. Can you post a pic with the rubber strap? And take that bad boy out on walk sometime and show us some pics of it going native.

Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Planet Ocean   My new Planet Ocean Empty

Back to top Go down

My new Planet Ocean
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OMEGA Watches Forum :: MODERN OMEGA WATCHES POST 1990 :: Modern Omega Watches Post 1990-
Jump to: